27 February 2013

Zelf gemaakt - I made it myself!


It’s quite funny to see how much inspiration you can give your own children. I see that my girls get inspired of what I am doing and of all the materials that I have in my study.

My eldest has really found a new hobby and now loves sewing with her hands (not the machine!) She has now made her own (quite simple) sewing box. For the box she made a little apple cushion for her pins and a little book for her needles. 

At the library she found a book with sewing things for kids, but she wanted one for her own, so I found another one on the internet for her (and her sister) with a lot of great things to sew. A really good book that I would recommend. Also if you don't understand Dutch, you can get a lot out of it. In the back of the book you will find patterns to use. Very practical and a good way of learning for the children.

She has now just finished an owl and her sister is just behind her almost finished with her's as well. I am very proud of them and love that we have a passion together. I hope it will stay, but you never know in which direction kids grow. I won’t push them, but just try to inspire them to go on. 

Do you have the same experience with your children that they pick up your hobby too? I would love to hear others story.




 








8 comments:

  1. Waauw leuk zeg dat ze zo creatief met je willen meedoen. Ik heb daar voorlopig nog geen ervaring mee. Ten eerste heb ik een zoontje (wat natuurlijk op creatief vlak niet altijd iets wil zeggen, maar toch...) en ten tweede is hij nog maar net 16 maanden :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dan kun je inderdaad beter even wachten nog. Maar wie weet wat hij straks leuk vindt?

      Delete
  2. Aww, how sweet! So very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do their best. It's hard work, but fun as well, especially when they see the result.

      Delete
  3. She's doing great, yep start them early! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, wat leuk zeg! Zoonlief en dochter freubelen ook vrolijk mee hier. Samen met de buurtkindertjes, heel gezellig.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Det er hun da ret sej til! Det ser ud til at være nogle fine ting, der er i bogen.
    Kh Anita

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I would love if you would. You can write in English, Dutch or Danish, (Swedish, Norwegian, German or French I will understand as well but can't write it myself)