28 January 2013

New dining area


Last I showed you our new dining chairs and told you that I wanted to do some more changes with our dining area. 

I have now painted the legs of our table concrete grey which was exactly the right thing to do. The color blend perfectly now with the grey colors in our wooden floor and as a contrast to our white chairs. But I also wanted to do something with our wall behind the dining table. I wanted to give it a more rough look but still in a light color. 

I found this wallpaper with white painted bricks and was sure this was my solution for changes. Yesterday my husband and I placed it on the wall and though I really like the look of it, I must admit that I have to get use to it and now and then I even have my doubts if we did the right thing?

So as you might understand I am quite curious to hear what you think of these new changes?






 

   

The chairs have by the way also got a little cushion in a retro fabric I had. 



Our cat even have found her own place.I had some extra cushions and now this is her spot under the table and above the central heating which is of course the reason (I think) she is lying here.  





11 comments:

  1. Wow, wow. I really love it! It all fits together so perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg er helt vild med det! Fantastisk look - hyggeligt og stilrent på samme tid :-) Er nysgerrig på dine "hylder" til højre på det andet sidste billede - dem, hvor aben hænger fra den øverste. Hvad er det for nogle? De ser toplækre og meget anvendelige ud!?

    Kh. Mette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Mette,

      De 'hylder' du snakker om kan se se lidt bedre her (http://dig-mig.blogspot.nl/2012/03/long-wanted-organizer.html) Der har jeg et indlæg om dem. Det er til post og reklamer og ugeblade som vi får ind af døren. I stedet for at det ligger overalt og flyder. jeg meget glad for at vi fik lavet den i sin tid. Tak for dine søde ord.

      Delete
  3. Så utrolig fint!! Alt sammen! Elsker det!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel mooi geworden en wat een leuke rekjes heb je aan de andere muur? Heb je die zelf gemaakt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Joppe, Ja die rekjes aan de muur hebben we zelf gemaakt. Hierboven werd er in het deens ook naar gevraagd. De link naar de rekjes heb ik hier: (http://dig-mig.blogspot.nl/2012/03/long-wanted-organizer.html)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super flot! Jeg er meget vildt med dine stole =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total fedt tapet jo, det ser skide godt ud!
    Hvor er stolene fra? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej, stolene er fra Hay. Har heldigvis en veninde hernede der sælger ting og møbler fra Skandinavien.

      Delete
  8. The table looks fantastic! And so does the rest, by the way, a real cozy home.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I would love if you would. You can write in English, Dutch or Danish, (Swedish, Norwegian, German or French I will understand as well but can't write it myself)