13 February 2012

Fly like a bird!


Carnival is almost here and the girls love to dress up and can’t wait until it’s time to celebrate carnival at school. 

But together with carnival the big question also comes?? What to wear this year? Are who or what am I going to look like? 

Emmelie (my youngest) was easy to help. I convinced her to be Pippi Langstrømpe. For her I already have all her clothes and the orange wig that is needed, but Alieke wasn’t sure what to wear and what to be. 

By Marapytta in Denmark I have seen her make these beautiful wings from a lot of different fabrics and my fingers were dying to try something like that as well. 

I showed Alieke some photos and she was sold immediately. A bird she was going to be! Funny enough she has always been dreaming about being able to fly. So maybe... hoe knows?

Together we chose the fabrics from what I had in my drawers and the smile on Alieke’s face started to grow bigger and bigger as the wings started to get color. I decide to make a little skirt with a little tale as well to make it look more complete.

I finished it all last night and when Alieke woke up this morning, the first thing she did was checking out her new costume. Then she came to me in our bedroom with a big smile, jumped under my cover and said. It’s beautiful Mama. I love it!!! ♥♥♥

 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. De er så fantastiske, de vinger. Og god detalje med skørtet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alieke har løbet rundt i det hele eftermiddagen hun er så glad for det.

      Delete
  2. Syntes også skørtet er en fed detalje. Tror det er med til at give kostumet et god helhed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skørtet hører simpelthen bare med til en lille hunfugl. Piger elsker skørter!

      Delete
  3. wauw het ziet er veelbelovend uit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merula ik zal vrijdag de kostuum weer laten zien als zij het aanheeft. Lijk me leuk om ook even te laten zien.

      Delete
  4. Prachtig! Wat een werk. Ben heel benieuwd hoe het staat!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I would love if you would. You can write in English, Dutch or Danish, (Swedish, Norwegian, German or French I will understand as well but can't write it myself)