21 March 2011

Goodbye lovely sandtable!!

3 years ago when we moved to this house, the little garden behind didn’t had anything nice in it. No plants, no garden feeling at all and not really inviting for the girls to play in. I wanted to change that!
A lot has happened since then in the garden and it is getting a really nice place to be in when everything is green and in floral.
We also made a special place for the girls in the back of the garden. All kids love to play with sand and in some way or the other, they always manage to get sand all over and bring it with them inside as well. I wanted to avoid that as much as possible, but I also wanted to give them sand to play with, so I came up with this great idea to give them a sand table instead.  


We placed too small tables next to each other a cut a big hole in each for a square plastic container with led. In there the sand came and all the play things for the sand we just placed on the table. I added some fresh flowers to the back and a floral vinyl curtain to keep the mess under the table out of site.

The girls have been playing a lot with it, and it was also a really nice feature in the garden. But after 3 years, the girls don’t play with it any longer and it is looking old and tired and needs refreshment or a big change.

 

I am sad to get rid of it, because I loved the place and knew that the girls also where really happy with it, but they are getting older and things change and I have to do that as well. So we have a new plan for the girls at the back of the garden. In the next couple of weeks we will change it and give it a big make-over and then hope that it will be a new hit for the girls.
For the moment I am not going to tell you more about the new plans? I want it to be a secret for now and will be back soon with more news about it.
If you like, you can make a guess, what we are going to do and when we are done and revealed it, the winner will get a little surprise from me.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea. I am going to make one for my daughter in our new garden. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Marina, wish you great fun with it! Det er næsten som et lille sandkøkken til børnene. Der bliver lavet sandkager og ligende til den store guldmedalje.
    Kh. Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I would love if you would. You can write in English, Dutch or Danish, (Swedish, Norwegian, German or French I will understand as well but can't write it myself)